Monday 24 February 2014

The Reading List - Territories by Emma Bull



Emma Bull has been one of my favourite authors for a long time. Crystal and I have read everything she's written at least five times. Or so we thought. I was at a second hand book shop downtown and came across this book - Territory. I probably almost squealed. What? An Emma Bull book we hadn't read?!
The great thing about her books is how she seamlessly puts magic into normal worlds. In another book of hers (the beautiful War for the Oaks) she mixes magic, the Faerie court and 80s rock band. Every time I see this book in a store I want to buy it even though I already own it - that's how good it is!
But back to Territory. In it Emma Bull mixes magic and the city of Tombstone, Arizona during the days of Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday. Who are actual characters in the book along with a couple of fictional characters you want to meet and become best friends with. At least I do. Ahem.
Theres intrigue and plot twists and, if it's like every other Emma Bull book, one of my beloved main characters will die. (Never get attached to anyone in her books, honestly!) I haven't quite finished it yet. I'm in that weird stage of wanting to read it quickly but never wanting it to end. We'll see how it goes - I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment