Wednesday 26 March 2014

We Love Food - Chicken Salad for Summer Two Different Ways - DoubleRecipe


Tangy Dill & Cajun Chicken Salad - by Crystal

My idea of a perfect chicken salad is a bit tangy, a bit of lemon juice, and salty spicy cajun seasoning. I don't measure exactly, but I add ingredients to taste. 

  1. Chicken (legs cooked, cooled and cut)
  2. Cucumber
  3. Celery
  4. Dill pickles
  5. Red onion
  6. Yogurt
  7. Mayo
  8. Lemon juice
  9. Spices (I used lemon salt, paprika, cajun and pepper)


I spiced up the chicken legs, cooked 'em, cooled 'em and cut 'em up into pieces. (I prefer dark meat versus white) I used half yogurt, half mayo for a fresher taste and it works fantastic with the cucumber. Red onion is optional but I enjoy the taste. The rest of the ingredients I added to taste, seasoned and served it on bread and mixed greens. Lemonade is the best summer drink to pair with this salad! 


Midwestern Style Chicken Salad by Holly

My idea of a perfect chicken salad is one with a bit of kick, lots of vegetables and creamy dressing. 

1. Chicken (thighs, cooked and cooled)
2. Green onions 
3. Cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
4. Avocado
5. Corn
6. Black beans
7. Lettuce to taste 
8. Spices (salt, pepper and Cajun)
9. Dressing - I mixed a bit of mayo, spices and some vinegrette salad dressing with a little
almond milk to thin 

Cut the chicken and veg/fruit and mix it all up. Honestly it's so easy I don't know why I haven't made this earlier. It made a ton so I know what I'm eating this week! I bought wraps to eat this on but after I made it I quickly devoured it on some corn thins. 




How do you like your chicken salad?

No comments:

Post a Comment